The International Hotel Development and Asset Management Specialization, a program of the Glion Institute of Higher Education, headed by Mr. Jonathan Humphries, has organized a two-day academic fieldtrip to Zurich, Switzerland, on November 12th and 13th 2018.
The fieldtrip has been an enriching educational experience, bridging the gap between academic learning and industry. It provided immersive, real-world experience to Semester 7 students, while enhancing their future professional and vocational direction, as they will be soon graduating. The product visits, as the students experienced the latest product and service trends in Zurich, have been a key component in facilitating students’ learning.
One of the students assesses: “the field trip to Zurich was really beneficial in facilitating my learning of the key concepts of the Finance and Hotel Development specialization. We had the chance to hear directly from key people working in various roles within hotel development. (…) I think it was a good experience to get out of the classroom and into the real world, and gave us the chance to network with industry specialists.” Wafa Waseem, Student.
A big thanks to our industry partners, for their time, commitment and for sharing their expertise and experience with our Glion students:
- Marriott: Mr. Daniel Lehmann, General Manager; Wissam Chelala, Vice President, Development Planning, Europe; and Ms. Melanie Schilling, Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Alex Lake Zurich: Ms. Margarita Kaske, Senior Project Manager
- The Circle: Mr. Beat Pahud, Project Director; Ms. Doris Armellini, Commercial Director; and Ms. Elvira Piguet, Manager Hotel & Convention.
- SV Group: Volker Thamm, Business Development Director; Ms. Anja Hauser, HR Director; and Mr. Jochen Renz, Hotel Manager.
Jonathan Humphries has been appointed as the Head of Specializations to deliver Glion’s new International Hotel Development and Finance programs in early 2018. The program includes the modules of Hotel Asset Management and Concept Creation. The idea of bringing two aspects of the industry together, enables students to gain creative thinking while learning how to maximize the asset’s value. Students that finish this specialization will have a complete different mindset of the industry and will be able to succeed through creative and analytical thinking.
Swiss-based HoCoSo, brings together teams of global experts to create tailor-made solutions for client projects. Jonathan Humphries, Chairman and Owner of HoCoSo, and his direct team specialize in the extended-stay hospitality market, the boutique sector, and resort developments in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). We create innovative and future-oriented solutions for each of our clients across the following three fields of services:
- Product & Concept Creation, for both portfolio & individual asset developments.
- Strategic Project Scoping, Execution & Asset Management, with a focus on strategic business planning, partner selection, and market & financial feasibility studies.
- Hospitality Education for companies and academic institutions, with a focus on course development, training and teaching innovation.